CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Exploring Europe!

Although the travel was a bit difficult for me, as I was unknowingly suffering from an awful lung infection, things have been going well since we arrived. Since I was lucky enough to get some antibiotics, I am nearly 100% recovered and feel much, much better. Addy has been doing pretty good, though she is suffering through the arrival of some new teeth. She's been getting plenty of rest and has been working grandpa over for anything in sight that appeals to her. Of course she gets plenty of attention from both of her grandparents.

I have basically declared myself entirely on vacation and have been buried in my treasured Twilight series novels that I saved for the trip. It sure made being sick a lot less depressing, having a great book to read to keep occupied. I did not however, expect to finish my first book so soon. I am now half way through the second book and I did not think to bring any more. I am struggling to find a bookstore here that carries English books so I can retrieve the rest of the collection. I will need them for our excursion next week.

We leave Monday on our trip, beginning in Paris. We drive to a near-by city to catch a train back to Prague, where we catch a flight to Paris. After two nights in Paris, we fly to Venice, which I am particularly excited about. Not that I am not excited to see Paris. It will be real tough to leave Addy for 6 straight days, the only down-side to our private getaway.

Yesterday we drove into the city (Rob's parents reside in a very small "village" outside of town) and did some sight seeing and a little shopping (for Addy..of course!!) We visited some very OLD churches and saw plenty of very old buildings and architecture. I guess I hadn't thought about the timelessness of Czech Republic & Europe in general. We climbed an ancient spiral staircase in St. Michael's Church to a lookout of the city of Olomouc & I realized that I have grown afraid of heights! We took plenty of pictures there. It's amazing to see things of such age.

This is a picture of Rob's parents house, from the backside standing near the edge of their property in the back yard.


This is a picture from a top a hill at the back of their house, looking down over part of the town.


No description necessary....she SO damn cute!



St. Michael's Church.


The view from the top of St. Michael's Church.




Today we visited a popular nearby Cave (Mladečské jeskyně)...Try to say THAT! Addy spent some quality time with Grandpa while the rest of us took the tour through the cold, wet cave. We got some cute pictures while she waited for us, when we returned from a short boat ride exiting the cave.

A picture from inside the cave..it was difficult to capture in the darkness


Addy waiting for our return.


I will be posting all of the pictures on the gallery sometime after we return home, for now, enjoy the sneak peek at our trip right here!

We have plenty of things planned for the upcoming weekend and then we are off to Paris. Check back later for more on our European Vacation! :)

0 comments: